The ProxPro® proximity card reader’s weatherproof design and architecturally attractive enclosure allows easy mounting indoors or out. The ProxPro Reader is ideal for applications requiring a larger read range.
- Affords high reliability, consistent read range characteristics, and low power consumption in a single, easy-to-install package
- Features multicolor LED, internal or host control of the LED, and/or beeper and a beeper “off” switch for silent operation
- Provides Wiegand protocol interface compatibility with all standard access control systems
- Offers an optional, fully integrated personal identification number keypad for heightened security
- Can be mounted to glass (using the optional glass mounting kit)
- For a longer read range, try the new generation ProxPro II Reader, which provides an additional inch (2.5 cm) of read range, requires just 5 volts for operation, and is lower-priced than the ProxPro Reader!
- Security – Includes a tamper switch to provide notification of reader tampering. Recognizes card formats up to 84 bits, with over 137 billion unique codes. *Except Model 5352 which supports up to 37-bit formats
- Audiovisual Indication – When a proximity card is presented to the reader, the red LED flashes green and the beeper sounds. The multicolor LED and beeper can also be controlled individually by the host system.
- Diagnostics – On reader power-up, an internal self-test routine checks and verifies the setup configuration, determines the internal
or external control of the LED and beeper, and initializes reader operation. An additional external loop-back test allows for the reader outputs and inputs to be verified without the use of additional test equipment.
- Indoor/outdoor Design – Sealed in a rugged, weatherized polycarbonate enclosure designed to withstand harsh environments, providing reliable performance and a high degree of vandal resistance. Easily installed in any location, even with the optional keypad.
- Easily Interfaced - Interfaces with all existing Wiegand protocol access control systems. Output data in Wiegand or Clock-and-Data format, plus optional RS232 and RS422 serial interfaces.
- Options – Keypad operation, Custom label, Glass Mount Kit: 5455AGM00
|Model Number||5355: Wiegand Interface/Clock-and-Data (configurable), 5352: Serial Interface|
|**Read Range||ProxCard® II card – up to 8” (20 cm)
ISOProx® II card – up to 7” (17.5 cm)
DuoProx® II card – up to 7” (17.5 cm)
Smart ISOProx® II card – up to 7” (17.5 cm)
Smart DuoProx® II card – up to 7” (17.5 cm)
HID Proximity & MIFARE® card – up to 7” (17.5 cm)
ProxCard® Plus card – up to 3” (7.5 cm)
ProxKey® II key fob – up to 3” (7.5 cm)
MicroProx® Tag – up to 4” (10.2 cm)
ProxPass® Active Vehicle Tag – N/A
|Mounting||Mounting holes fit standard U.S.A. single-gang switch boxes (vertically mounted) to
simplify installation. Field adjustable for mounting directly to metal, exhibiting only
minimal effects on read range. A selectable jumper setting provides for improved
|Dimensions||5.0” x 5.0” x 1.0” (12.7 x 12.7 x 2.54 cm)|
|Power Supply||10-28.5 VDC; Linear power supplies recommended. Reverse voltage protection included.|
|Average: 100 mA (12 VDC) Peak: 120 mA (24 VDC)|
|Operating Temperature||-22° to 150° F (-30° to 65° C)|
|Operating Humidity||0-95% relative humidity noncondensing|
|Transmit Frequency||125 khz|
|Cable Distance||Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface: 500 feet (152 m)
RS-232 interface: 50 feet (15 m)
RS-422 interface: 4000 feet (1219 m)
Recommended cable is ALPHA 1295 (22 AWG) 5
conductor stranded with overall shield or equivalent.
Additional conductors may be required for LED or beeper control. RS-422 requires
ALPHA 6212C 2-Twisted Pair, shielded cable with drain wire, or equivalent for data,
plus ALPHA 1292C two-conductor shielded or equivalent for DC power.
|Certifications||UL294/cUL (US), FCC Certification (US), IC (Canada), CE (EU), C-tick (Australia,
SRRC (China), MIC (Korea), NCC (Taiwan), MIC (Japan), iDA (Singapore), RoHS
|Housing Material||UL94 Polycarbonate|